How to Recognize a BMX Parent
You will know that you have truly become a dyed-in-the-wool BMX parent when:
- Someone in your neighborhood ask you how old your kid is and you reply "10X"
- You automatically load up the bike and you're only going down to the corner store.
- You fall asleep at the wheel of your car and it takes you to the track instead of home.
- You may be late for work but your never late for sign-ups.
- Your kids bike is insured for more than your car.
- You develop a craving for hot dogs and polish dogs.
- You pay a computer programmer a lot of money to write a points tracking program.
- You buy a expensive computer to record the points on.
- You throw out the spare tire in your car trunk to make room for bike parts.
- Your kids birthday cake has a BMX track on it and all his gifts are BMX parts.
- You can't decide whether to go to your sister's wedding or to a double points race.
- A Sunday drive in the country means you're going to a race out of town.
- The first item on your monthly budget is entry fees and not the mortgage payment.
- The only clean clothes in the house are a pair of leathers and a jersey.
- The telephone bill has at least three calls a month to the ABA office.
- Your internet home page is set to www.ababmx.com
- The stoplight at the corner turns green and you try for a hole shot.
- Someone mentions a table top and you look for a pile of dirt.
- You can't remember the birth date of your spouse, but you can remember the birth dates of every other rider in your kids class.
- You try to claim a bike shop on you income tax.
- You start a BMX business so can take a tax deduction.
- No one can understand what you are saying but another BMXer.
- You are flabbergasted by the price of hamburger at the supermarket but not by the price of a bottom bracket.
- Your kids bike is color coordinated and your living room is not.
- You think all of the above is gospel truth.